Create a layer comp
- Choose Window ->Layer Comps to display the Layer Comps panel.
- Click the Create New Layer Comp button at the bottom of the Layer Comps panel. The new comp reflects the current state of layers in the Layers panel.
- In the New Layer Comp dialog box, name the comp, add descriptive comments, and choose options to apply to layers: Visibility, Position, and Appearance.
- Click OK. The options you chose are stored as defaults for your next comp. To duplicate a comp, select a comp in the Layer Comps panel and drag the comp to the New Comps button.
Apply and view layer comps
- In the Layer Comp panel, do any of the following:
- To view a layer comp, you first need to apply it. Click the Apply Layer Comp icon next to a selected comp.
- To cycle through a view of all layer comps, use the Previous and Next buttons at the bottom of the panel. (To cycle through specific comps, first select them.)
- To restore the document to its state before you chose a layer comp, click the Apply Layer Comp icon next to Last Document State at the top of the panel.